Friday, November 4, 2011

What's next?

While waiting for my buds'n'bows trim and the new dress form I ordered, I'm thinking about what to do next. Having a new project - or object of desire - in mind before finishing the current one is quite common, I think. Also common, I suppose, is to do an Anglaise right after a Francaise, which is exactly what I will do, too. I'm hopeful to master the more taylored gown, 'though I still feel like an absolute beginner when it comes to constructing a dress, that's why the new dress form was inevitable.

This well known gown from the Kyoto Costume Institute is what I have in mind. It shall be blue, like the original, but a little simpler in decoration.

© The Kyoto Costume Institute

Es ist eine leidige Angewohnheit, bereits an das nächste Projekt zu denken, bevor das aktuelle abgeschlossen ist. Aber während ich noch auf meine Borte und eine neue Schneiderpuppe warte, plane ich schon eine Robe à l'anglaise, was mir als nächster Schritt nach der Francaise nur natürlich erscheint. Als Vorbild soll oben stehendes Ausstellungstück des Kyoto Costume Institute dienen, das die meisten Costumers sicherlich kennen. 
Ich werde die Farbe beibehalten, aber letztlich orientiere ich mich einzig an dem Schnittmuster von J.P. Ryan. Das Bild oben ist nur Inspiration und so feinen gestreiften Seidentaft gibt es ja leider nicht in meiner Reichweite...

3 comments:

  1. That's a lovely gown, good luck!

    I've actually seen it reproduced before, when I think about it. PirateLady-Lizzy (from deviantART) made her own version (note that fabulous hat): http://piratelady-lizzy.deviantart.com/#/d3h39um

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ein wunderbares Kleid. Dann wünsche ich dir schon jetzt gutes gelingen und freue mich auf tolle Bilder.
    Liebe Grüße Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you! :D

    @LadyAugstaFredrika: The dress and the hat look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete